Instagram Competition Terms and Conditions
1.1. These terms and conditions (“Competition Terms”) govern the Competition, as described in further detail in Section 2 below.
1.2. what3words Limited (“what3words”, “we”, or “us”) is the promoter of this competition.
1.3. By entering the Competition you are accepting that you will be legally bound by these Competition Terms.
1.4. If you have any concern in relation to the Competition, you can contact us by filling in this form.
2. COMPETITION MECHANIC
2.1. You can enter the Competition by following the instructions on our Instagram page. The winner will be chosen in accordance with the mechanic described on our Instagram page.
2.2. The Competition will start and end as described on the post describing the competition mechanic.
3.1. You must be aged 18 and over at the date of entry.
3.2. what3words employees and their immediate families may not enter the Competition. Any such entries are invalid.
3.3. You must have an active Instagram account.
3.4. Where an entrant or prize winner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a Competition and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions set out in paragraphs 3.1 to 3.3 above, we may still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prize winner in question.
4.1. The prize will be as stated in the competition post on the what3words Instagram account, further details of which are provided at Schedule 1.
4.2. We reserve the right (when reasonably required to do so) to replace the stated prize with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for the prize.
4.3. The prize winner will be notified that they have won the prize via Instagram direct message.
4.4. If you do not respond to our direct message within 48 hours, we reserve the right to choose an alternative winner.
4.5. We make no representation or warranty in relation to prize provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to the prize, or its quality.
5. TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
5.1. If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem. We will not award the prize if the Competition is terminated.
6. DECISIONS FINAL
6.1. All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
6.2. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
7. FAILURE TO ENFORCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
7.1. A failure by us to enforce any one of the Competition in any instance will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
8. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
8.1. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
8.2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize winner in connection with or arising out of the Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
8.3. In the event that any provision of these Competition Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
9.1. These Competition Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Schedule 1 – The Prize
Schedule 1 – The Prize
1. The Prize is provided by Small Luxury Hotels of the World
2. The arrangement relates to standard double room accommodation only based on two people sharing.
3. It is always subject to availability; (i.e. at the hotel’s discretion, and availability may differ from what shows online. If a booking is requested during the hotel’s peak period, or their annual complimentary room night allocation has already been confirmed, they are entitled to deny confirmation).
4. The complimentary room night(s) can only be used with new bookings and therefore cannot be used in conjunction with an existing booking at an SLH Hotel.
5. General online availability and hotel availability for claiming complimentary room night(s) may differ; the availability of the letter will prevail.
6. A maximum of five (5) room nights can be requested per hotel, per stay, (applies only to complimentary room night offers for five nights or more).
7. Room nights can be split across two hotels on different dates, and this may be required during peak periods.
8. A minimum of three (3) weeks’ notice must be given.
9. The complimentary room night(s) are valid for 12 months from the date of receipt.
10. All reservation requests must be made in writing only to the UK office for the attention of Katrin Holtkott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. All food, beverages, taxes, and other incidental costs incurred by the guest are to be settled prior to departure from, and direct with, the individual hotel.
12. Complimentary room night(s) are non flexible and once confirmed by SLH, no alterations or cancellations can be made. In case of alteration or cancellation, you will forfeit the room night(s).
13. Benefits associated with SLH’s loyalty programme, INVITED, cannot be redeemed in conjunction with this offer.
14. Guests who choose to utilise their room night(s) at an all inclusive SLH hotel will incur an additional charge, which will vary depending on the property selected.
15. No monetary value can be given in exchange for a complimentary night(s).
16. The complimentary night(s) cannot be transferred.
17. The following hotel is not available: Casa Ellul, Malta.
18. Small Luxury Hotels of the World has the right to update these terms and conditions. Complimentary room nights will be governed by the terms and conditions that are in place at the time the room nights are claimed rather than issued.