We founded what3words six years ago with the mission to make it simple for people to talk about everywhere. From providing better navigation solutions for cars, to improving the logistics sector and leading incredible humanitarian projects, we are here to make a tangible difference.
Brilliant people make what3words. We’re a team of quiz-creators, world-travellers, linguists and more, determined to make a difference. We are looking for an ambitious analyst to add to this mix - playing a key role in Growth as part of our internal Analytics team.
We are looking for a Growth Analytics Manager to help us capture and understand user data and identify where we can extrapolate and magnify existing successes, or correct hidden points of failure. Our aim is to drive mass awareness and adoption of what3words amongst consumers, both directly and through our target business partners.
By understanding our data better and using analytics to shape strategic and tactical decision making we believe we can increase user sign-ups, app downloads, and user engagement in all our products. This role will interact with all aspects of the business to provide actionable insight, analytical support and reporting across product and marketing.
We are looking for a confident individual who can produce compelling business cases that can generate maximum impact from the resources available.
So, what are the kind of things you’ll be up to?
- Play a key role in supporting the Analytics team in conducting in-depth user and campaign analysis in line with the Analytics roadmap.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of analytics, growth and wider business reporting - understanding the data and providing insight is key. Responding to wider business data and analysis requests - getting involved in the day to day data not just within the Growth team, but across Business Development, Marketing and Product as well.
- Ideate, run and present your own discrete pieces of analysis and provide recommendations back to the wider growth team and senior stakeholders on strategy and optimisation.
And what do we expect from you?
- We ask that you are ambitious, and that you have experience solving problems relevant to the ones you think we’re tackling at what3words. We do all of our work based on data, so you must be extremely comfortable with numbers and statistical analysis.
- Experience working within an analytics or data science function, with experience of end-to-end project management
- Growth people aren’t necessarily all the same shape, but for this role, we’re looking for a specialist. You will be comfortable using a wide range of business intelligence tools, and be adept in SQL and at least one of Python or R.
- We are looking for people that are committed to building a long term career with us, we are a young team, but are growing rapidly and want to take you with us.
Extra credit if:
- You have experience in Growth functions in other start-ups, or equally fast paced environment.
- You have language skills - running campaigns globally is far easier if we do not have to rely on translators.
- You have experience in geotech, or have worked with large quantities of location data in previous roles.
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days holiday
- Share options
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work
- VDU eye tests
- Free breakfast & snacks
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches & team socials
- Sports and hobbies clubs