Product Marketing Manager
We are looking for a world-class Product Marketing Manager in London to work with our multi award-winning business and help everyone talk about everywhere.
Our products include our API and SDK, our mobile apps (iOS, Android, 3WordPhoto, and more) and map site, our plugins for e-commerce partners, a number of Voice Assistant extensions, our growing range of Apple integrations including Apple Watch, iMessage and new Mac App, and really anything that a person or business can use to interface in some way with the underlying what3words technology.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for working hand in hand with the Product team to develop go-to-market strategies and execute communications plans for launching and maintaining this product portfolio. This includes channels as varied as app stores, email, social (YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook), what3words.com, search, PR, influencers, the Squares advocate community & what3words Beta Testers community and more - all in our growing list of 36+ supported languages. This role is ultimately responsible for ensuring that we have the highest quality product assets that can be fed into broader consumer, business and developer communications plans and channels. Given a key hub for much of our product marketing is on what3words.com, the Product Marketing Manager is also responsible for ongoing maintenance and improvements of this platform.
You will work in close collaboration with our in-house creative studio, as well as with other marketing managers, product designers and managers.
The what3words marketing team reports to the CMO and works closely with our product, technology and business development teams. The business is growing and so is the marketing team; you’ll be getting involved in almost every aspect of the business so flexibility and a willingness to muck in is essential.
The what3words team is a mix of experienced entrepreneurs, people who have worked at the highest levels in large global organisations, academics, and bright graduates – it’s a good balance, and it’s important for us that we get the right person who is happy working alongside people from all of these backgrounds. We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
Our in-house team consists of copywriters, motion designers, art directors, UXD, social creative, marketing managers from both agency and client-side and is led by an award winning senior management team.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining our business, as we begin to explore new global territories. We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the first at what3words.
You will have:
- Experience defining, building & launching successful app and SaaS product communications plans
- Product & Experience design nous; you understand the features and technology that make users tick and how to talk about and demonstrate them in the most compelling ways
- A thorough understanding & appreciation of the product design process to ensure a trusted working relationship with the Product team
- Extensive familiarity with the Apple App Store & Google Play Store marketing opportunities and best practises
- Extensive project & stakeholder management experience; you can deliver project plans, timelines and budgets (and stick to them), no matter how loosely defined the brief may be at the start
- 360 marketing experience, having delivered many multi-channel integrated campaigns
- Experience adjusting communications plans based on beta tester and usability research insight
- Experience with Wordpress and/or other CMS tools
- Familiarity with the website development process and a ‘sprint’ based approach to ongoing bug fixes and improvements; the ability to continuously track, assess and strategically prioritise changes based on moving business priorities
- A creative eye; you want to create work based on true insight, executed with craft, and that wins awards
- A growth mindset; you can naturally filter and prioritise things with 10x potential impact and you look to learn from and replicate the most proven effective strategies & tactics (and can build the measurement plans to support/enable this)
- The ability to command a room - online or in-person; you have strong EQ and the ability to connect with all types of people
- A passion for the what3words’ product and mission - and just for life in general!
Extra credit if you:
- Are happy in front of the camera (e.g., conducting demos/reviews/etc.)
- Are a tech junkie - you’re first in line for all the new releases
- Coding skills
- Have hands-on product and/or experience design experience, particularly with app & voice technology
- Have fluency in additional languages (Spanish, Arabic, German, Mandarin)
- Experience with other 3rd party app store launches, including e.g., Alexa Skill marketplace, WooCommerce plug-ins, etc.
We offer the following benefits to all permanent employees of what3words:
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days holiday
- Share options
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work
- VDU eye tests
- Free breakfast & snacks
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches & team socials
- Sports and hobbies clubs