Senior Test Automation Engineer
Who we are:
The what3words team is on a mission to create the global standard for communicating location. We’re making the world an easier, more efficient and safer place for everyone.
You’ll be joining a team of talented techies as well as world-class creatives on an unprecedented journey. Every day brings new challenges and we are always learning. At what3words, you’ll be proud to see your individual and team contributions making a difference.
You’ll be joining our fast-growing tech team, working on our global customer-facing technology to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches, and ensure customers have a stable and consistent experience across our software.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Build high-performing and scalable test solutions (manual and automated)
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Find and isolate bugs and determine their impact on the product or release
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proven experience with integration of automated tests into a build pipeline
- API Testing: should have good knowledge of API and API automation
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Automation testing experience with the ability to create test automation frameworks using open source technologies, such as Selenium Webdriver, Cypress IO, REST Assured
- Understanding of build and configuration tools such as TravisCI and CircleCI
- Good knowledge of accessibility testing techniques
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English
- A focus on high-quality work and attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
Extra credit if you:
- Are able to understand the business context of what you’re doing – understand the value your work creates.
- Enjoy learning new skills in scripting languages and how to use those to showcase our products
Diversity & Inclusion
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days holiday
- Share options
- Private healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to work
- Season Ticket Loan
- VDU eye tests
- Free breakfast & snacks
- Birthday vouchers
- Regular lunch & learn sessions
- w3w 'university' sessions
- Regular team lunches & team socials
- Sports and hobbies clubs
**Tier 2 sponsorship available for candidates requiring a UK work visa**