Business Development Associate (German Speaking) - Mongolia
Joining our growing business development team, you will be part of the Sales team in UB directly reporting to the Business Development Lead in Mongolia to assist in enabling the company to increase the number of businesses using the what3words app and map, and acquire SMEs to integrate with what3words through low touch sales.
You will work closely with our teams in London and Germany to build an ecosystem of what3words in key markets focusing on driving usage of 3 word addresses and enabling sales in line with the company’s objective; fuel growth, drive usage. Responsibilities will include: generating and qualifying leads, alongside closing a range of SME deals and partnerships, closing a range of SME deals and partnerships including writing sales emails in German and English, communication with SMEs over email and sometimes over the phone in English and German.
Sales team tasks and duties:
- Execute on the sales target following the strategic plan to help enable sales in the company’s key target markets including Germany
- Assist in translation sales decks and email templates into German
- Work closely with the HQ team in London and our team in Germany, assisting in enabling sales in the German market by closing various SME deals to drive usage
- Support 3 word address collection projects in Germany and other key markets
- Assist in market research and analysis
- Generate potential business leads for in-person meetings and events in Germany
- Assist in Mongolia local market operations when needed
You will have:
- Fluent spoken and written language proficiency in both German and English
- Extremely tech-savvy and able to confidently communicate the technical aspects of our business
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – and be comfortable working with diverse people and types of businesses
- Strong ability to work autonomously
- Ability to take instruction and deliver tasks and duties promptly to deadline, with high attention to detail
- Incredibly good at dealing with highly efficient and solution-oriented progressive working styles
You will be:
- A passionate champion for what3words
- Unusual amongst your peers and highly ambitious
- A natural relationship builder
- Motivated by challenging targets
- Unafraid of hard work and inspired by an intellectually challenging environment
Extra credit if you:
- Have studied/worked in Germany or abroad
- Have prior experience with client correspondence or sales
Our business development team is made up of bright graduates, experienced team builders and outstanding salespeople. We are looking for someone dynamic who believes in our vision for change and is excited to join the company at this stage of growth.
We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining what3words, as we begin to explore new global territories. We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the early joiners at what3words.
Please note that this role will be based in our local team in Mongolia, therefore we will only accept applications from individuals who have the right to work in Mongolia (and those that are ready to move to Ulaanbaatar immediately).
$900 / month
25 days Holiday
Private Health Insurance
Diversity & Inclusion
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.