Partnerships Director - Automotive - Tokyo
Who we are:
The what3words team is on a mission to create the global standard for communicating location. We’re making the world an easier, more efficient and safer place for everyone.
We are a global company located in West London’s creative hub and now looking to open offices in Japan.
We are hiring for an extraordinary business development leader to join our team to build on our automotive momentum at what3words with OEMs around the world - from Mercedes to Ford and Tata.
We are looking for someone highly entrepreneurial, exceptionally smart and charismatic. You will have performed outstandingly in previous roles (we don't measure success by your former job titles but instead what you achieved in those positions).
You will have:
- Experience managing and forging relationships at the highest level in the automotive space and selling software to OEMs and/or Tier 1 suppliers
- A sales track record (personal as well as from your team, if you have been a team lead)
- The ability to work flexibly, with the mental agility to make good decisions quickly
- You will have a valuable network in the automotive space in Germany, UK, Japan, China or the US
You will be:
- Exceptionally smart, with the life, work and/or academic history to prove it
- Extremely tech-savvy
- An exceptional relationship builder, highly persuasive and excellent at getting things done
- An effective communicator; when you talk, people listen (in person and on email)
- Able to talk confidently to senior influencers and effect key decisions
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working in a team with clever and ambitious colleagues but with the drive to work autonomously towards ambitious goals
- Willing to embrace all aspects of working in a fast-growing business, from managing day-to-day admin to giving speeches to global audiences or pitching CXOs from some of the world's biggest automotive brands
- Able to travel regularly, including at short notice
- Motivated by challenging targets and a fast-paced office environment