Sales Director (Old Workflow)
London United KingdomClosed
We are hiring for an extraordinary business development leader to join our team.
We are looking for someone highly entrepreneurial, exceptionally clever and charismatic. You will have performed outstandingly in previous roles (we don’t measure success by your former job titles but instead what you achieved in those positions) and are likely to have an accelerated career trajectory when compared against your peers.
Joining our growing business development team, you will drive forward and forge key relationships for what3words around the world. You will be expected to take on strategic responsibility for key regions/verticals within your first two months, thinking creatively about how to grow our business and acting fast to make it happen.
We are looking for people who can quickly understand clients’ pain points and match those to the solutions we can provide. You will have a very good understanding of how to access key players (companies and individuals) and will use this knowledge to generate new leads across relevant industries.
- Experience managing and forging relationships at the highest level in business and/or government
- A degree or equivalent (university of life counts too)
- Exceptionally good presentation and written communication skills
- The ability to work quickly and flexibly, with the mental agility to make good decisions quickly
- Excellent understanding of what3words and the industries we work in, bringing ideas for capitalising on our global growth
You will be:
- Highly intelligent, with the work and/or academic history to prove it
- Extremely tech-savvy (preferably you will have worked with technology, written some code, even if just once or twice, or sold a technology product)
- Able to engage immediately and confidently with senior influencers
- An exceptional relationship builder
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working in a team with clever and ambitious colleagues
- Highly persuasive and excellent at getting things done
- Willing to embrace all aspects of working in a fast-growing business, from managing day-to-day admin to giving speeches to global audiences or pitching CXOs from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Able to excel under pressure, with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to travel regularly, including at short notice
- Motivated by challenging targets and a fast-paced office environment
- Commercially-minded and committed to global social change through business
Extra credit if you:
- Have run your own business or held a senior role in a fast-growing start-up
- Have worked in an industry where what3words is highly applicable
- Speak other languages and have done business abroad or travelled widely
- Can provide excellent references from colleagues as well as supervisors in your current/previous roles
- Have successfully sold something completely new and revolutionary
Our business development team is made up of bright graduates, experienced team builders and outstanding salespeople. We are looking for someone dynamic who believes in our vision for change and is excited to join the company at this stage of growth.
We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining what3words, as we begin to explore new global territories. We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the early joiners at what3words.
Those with unusual career paths or career changes are encouraged to apply – if you instinctively understand what3words and believe your skills can help us accelerate our global growth, we want to hear from you.
We offer the following benefits to all permanent employees of what3words:
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days holiday
- Share options
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work
- VDU eye tests
- Free breakfast & snacks
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches & team socials
- Sports and hobbies clubs