Sales Operations Specialist
what3words is revolutionising the way the world talks about location. Street addresses aren’t accurate enough to specify specific entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This causes frustration, inefficiencies and can be dangerous.
That’s why we created what3wordsWe have divided the globe into a grid of 3m x 3m squares, and given each one a unique combination of three words: a what3words address. It’s an easy way to find and share precise locations.
what3words is being used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by thousands of emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
We have ever increasing volumes of business using what3words and integrating our technology into their products. We're looking for an Operations Executive that will be known as a Sales Operations Associate at what3words. You'll to help scale our sales and account management processes and operations, collect and manage information about partners and how they're using what3words so that we can better understand and report on usage and support our sales and account managers with data and insights, and optimise our sales funnel.
This role will sit in the Business Development team, reporting into our Sales Operations Lead, and will involve working closely with teams across the business such as Customer Operations, Data, Product & Engineering, Finance, and Marketing to enable our Business Development team to continue to grow and excel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and administering data and dashboards relating to team and individual performance
- Managing, monitoring, and improving processes and internal frameworks for scaling our sales and account management operations.
- Managing recurring (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) reporting for the Business Development team and other stakeholders (senior leadership, board, etc) on BD owned and influenced KPIs
- Ensuring that our sources of data are maintained in such a way that we can glean actionable and insightful information to understand performance and inform sales strategy
- Working closely with the BD Ops/Sales enablement team to understand and consolidate what information the team needs for all aspects of day-to-day sales and account management, from outbounding to partner relationship management, billing, upselling and marketing.
- Extremely diligent, with close attention to detail
- Highly organised, proactive, comfortable managing multiple work streams, and able to prioritise effectively
- Methodical in your approach to task-management and project planning
- An intuitive communicator, who is comfortable managing different stakeholder relationships within the Business Development team, and across the organisation
- Highly autonomous and accountable - you are comfortable working without prescriptive direction, provide regular updates to relevant parties, and know when to ask for help
- Resourceful - able to juggle tasks, deadlines, dependencies, roadblocks and manage multiple stakeholders
- A problem solver - you will think fast - you won't shy away from doing the heavy lifting, to roll up your sleeves and do what is required to get the job done
- Analytical - interested in data and motivated to use analytics, insights, and data reporting to help what3words scale efficiently
Extra credit if:
- You've previously spent time in a Business Development team
- You have worked for a high-growth startup
- You have experience with Salesforce (or equivalent CRM)
- You have familiarity with SQL
- You have an understanding of APIs
- You've done something unusual outside work
Our business development team is made up of bright graduates, experienced team builders and outstanding salespeople. We are looking for someone dynamic who believes in our vision for change and is excited to join the company at this stage of growth. We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining what3words, as we begin to explore new global territories. We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the early joiners at what3words.
Those with unusual career paths or career changes are encouraged to get in touch – if you instinctively understand what3words and believe your skills can help us accelerate our global growth, we want to hear from you.
The role is based in our London HQ (at Great Western Studios - ///filled.count.soap). While you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, our Business Development team can choose to work up to two days a week from home. We also offer a six-week remote-work allowance; for up to six weeks a year, you can work from anywhere in the world (as long as you’ve got great WiFi and are happy to work on the London HQ timezone).
-Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience and expectations
- Flexible working
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- 25 days holiday: plus the option to buy more!
- Share options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Annual health assessments
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing Days
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Generous parental leave policies
- Family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Sports and hobbies clubs
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.