Partner Solutions Manager
Who we are:
what3words is revolutionising the way the world talks about location. Street addresses aren’t accurate enough to specify specific entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This causes frustration, inefficiencies and can be dangerous.
That’s why we created what3words
We have divided the globe into a grid of 3m x 3m squares, and given each one a unique combination of three words: a what3words address. It’s an easy way to find and share precise locations.
what3words is being used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by thousands of emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
We are looking for highly entrepreneurial, determined and charismatic individuals to help us achieve our mission. People who have performed outstandingly in previous roles (we don’t measure success by your former job titles but instead what you achieved in those positions) and are likely to have an accelerated career trajectory when compared against your peers.
As the number and size of our clients grow, we need someone to help guide our largest enterprise deals through from initial sale to implementation. As a Technical Sales Manager, you are responsible for overseeing and implementing the more technically and commercially complex aspects of our pre-sales and delivery process.
You will be a trusted advisor, building close relationships with clients while bridging internal Sales, Product, and Technical teams. You will be presented with complex, ambiguous scenarios that you will need to distill into simple steps that combine technical feasibility and optimal end-user experience with our own business goals.
The role will sit within our Business Development team, reporting into our Technical Sales Lead while working closely with our core Technical and Product teams internally. Externally, the work will focus predominantly on our deals within automotive, mobility, logistics, and ecommerce verticals but likely touch on other areas such as emergency services, GIS & infrastructure, and voice assistants.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and guiding our senior sales team to progress their deals, with a high degree of involvement from the earliest to lattermost of the sales process
- Being the technical first point of contact for our enterprise clients, working both remotely and in-person
- Internally coordinating with our Product and Technical teams to share client feedback and inform upcoming product changes
- Taking full ownership of post-sales implementation for certain enterprise clients
You will be:
- Comfortable switching between selling to clients and using a more consultative approach
- Someone who relishes distilling complex problems into simple, discrete questions
- Creative and optimistic in your approach, excited rather than demotivated by stumbling blocks
- Equally able to focus both on the minutiae of an implementation while also keeping an eye on our wider business goals
- An excellent verbal and written communicator for technical and non-technical audiences
- Several years of experience working in a Solutions Architect, Sales Engineering, Delivery Management, or similar role
- While not be expected to have a development background, a very strong high-level technical understanding of our and our clients’ products
- An excellent understanding of what3words and highly motivated by our ambition to become a global addressing standard
Extra credit if you have:
- Previous experience in any of our key verticals
- Understanding of eCommerce and various checkout flows
- Experience with UX wireframes e.g figma
- Sales or account management experience
- Worked in a high-growth startup
- Experience working across a wide range of geographies, sectors, and languages
- Done something unusual outside of work
The role is based in our London HQ (at Great Western Studios - ///filled.count.soap). While you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, our Business Development team can choose to work up to two days a week from home. We also offer a six-week remote-work allowance; for up to six weeks a year, you can work from anywhere in the world (as long as you’ve got great WiFi and are happy to work on the HQ timezone).
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
We offer the following benefits to all permanent employees of what3words:
- £35,000-£60,000 base salary
- Flexible working
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- 25 days holiday: plus the option to buy more!
- Share options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Annual health assessments
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing Days
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Generous parental leave policies
- Family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Sports and hobbies clubs
- Dog friendly office