Terms and Conditions
- The competition is promoted by what3words Limited (“what3words”, “we” or “us”), Studio 301, Great Western Studios, 65 Alfred Road, London, W2 5EU. The name of the competition is ‘Guess the Address’.
- To contact us, please see our “Contact Us” page what3words.com/contact.
- By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is only available to entrants aged 18 years or over, except for:
– employees of what3words or any of its subsidiary companies;
– employees of agents or suppliers of what3words or its subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
– members of the immediate families or households of either of the above.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. We may require you to provide proof of the same.
- The competition starts at [18.00 GMT] on 16th April 2020 and will close no later than [18.00 GMT] on 13th May 2020 (inclusive). If the correct answer is given before this closing date, we will no longer consider new entries.
- To enter the competition, please comment directly on the Facebook post with your guess of the what3words address following what3words posting a photo and cryptic clue. Each entrant is permitted to make only one guess per day and must not, at any time, use the what3words API in solving the cryptic clue.
- The winner of the competition will be the first person to successfully guess the address. We will notify the winner and request his or her contact details via a Facebook direct message.
- The winner must respond to our Facebook direct message with their postal address, email, and phone number to us within 7 days of being contacted, to claim the prize. Any prize not claimed within 7 days will be forfeited, and a new winner will be picked by us, being the next person to successfully guess the address.
- All our decisions relating to the competition and/or redemption of the prize are final and we are unable to enter into discussion or correspondence with individual entrants.
- The prize is a two night stay for two people at a “Small Luxury Hotels” hotel with a value of up to 800.00 GBP that must be redeemed within 12 months from the competition closing date. Any associated costs and expenses (including but not limited to travel, food and drinks) are not included. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to contact the “Smalls Luxury Hotel” chain and book their stay. We will provide you with the relevant contact details, but we cannot guarantee availability for any particular hotel or date.
- If the competition cannot run as planned as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control, including (but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, epidemic, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud, or any other events which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem. We will not award the prize if the competition is cancelled or terminated.
- We reserve the right (when reasonably required to do so) to replace the stated prize with a prize or prizes that what3words considers to be of broadly equivalent value. what3words offers no cash alternative for the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- We are the owner or licensee of all of the intellectual property rights in all materials and images that we post in connection with the competition (including but not limited to 3 word addresses and any images depicting the same (the “what3words Materials”). Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to grant you any right, title or interest in the what3words Materials or any of the intellectual property rights in the what3words Materials. We expressly prohibit any copying, re-utilisation, extraction, reproduction or redistribution of the what3words Materials or any of the intellectual property rights in the what3words Materials.
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding the nature or quality of any prizes which are awarded. All prizes are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for fraud, or for any other losses which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law. Subject to the previous sentence, we hereby exclude and all liability to any entrant or prize winner in connection with these terms and conditions, the competition or the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms and conditions.