Terms and Conditions
- The competition is promoted by what3words Limited (“what3words”, “we” or “us”), Studio 301, Great Western Studios, 65 Alfred Road, London, W2 5EU. The name of the competition is ‘Guess the Address’ and will run concurrently on each of the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- To contact us, please see our “Contact Us” page on our website at: what3words.com/contact.
- By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is only available to entrants aged 18 years or over, except for:
– employees of what3words or any of its subsidiary companies;
– employees of agents or suppliers of what3words or its subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
– members of the immediate families or households of either of the above.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. We may require you to provide proof of the same.
- The competition starts at 18.00 GMT on 11th May 2020 and will close no later than[18.00 GMT on 1st June 2020 (inclusive). If the correct answer is given before this closing date, the competition will automatically end and we will no longer consider new entries.
- To enter the competition, please comment directly on the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram post with your guess of the what3words address following what3words posting a photo and cryptic clue. Each entrant is permitted to make one guess per day on each social media platform (i.e. a total of 3 guesses per day, 1 guess on each social media platform). Multiple guesses on one social media platform per day will be disqualified. Each entrant must not, at any time, use the what3words API in solving the cryptic clue.
- The winner of the competition will be the first person to successfully guess the address on any platform. We will notify the winner and request his or her contact details via a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram direct message.
- The winner must respond to our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram direct message with their postal address, email, and phone number to us within 7 days of being contacted, to claim the prize. Any prize not claimed within 7 days will be forfeited, and a new winner will be picked by us, being the next person to successfully guess the address.
- All our decisions relating to the competition and/or redemption of the prize are final and we are unable to enter into discussion or correspondence with individual entrants.
- The prize is one customizable sweatshirt from a what3words Maker called Read Receipts with a value of USD$70.00. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to contact Read Receipts and order their prize. We will provide you with the relevant contact details for ordering, but we cannot guarantee availability of any size or thread colour.
- If the competition cannot run as planned as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control, including (but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, epidemic, pandemic, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud, or any other events which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem. We will not award the prize if the competition is cancelled or terminated.
- We reserve the right (when reasonably required to do so) to replace the stated prize with a prize or prizes that what3words considers to be of broadly equivalent value. what3words offers no cash alternative for the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- We are the owner or licensee of all of the intellectual property rights in all materials and images that we post in connection with the competition (including but not limited to 3 word addresses and any images depicting the same (the “what3words Materials”). Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to grant you any right, title or interest in the what3words Materials or any of the intellectual property rights in the what3words Materials. We expressly prohibit any copying, re-utilisation, extraction, reproduction or redistribution of the what3words Materials or any of the intellectual property rights in the what3words Materials.
- We make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding the nature or quality of any prizes which are awarded. All prizes are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for fraud, or for any other losses which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law. Subject to the previous sentence, we hereby exclude and all liability to any entrant or prize winner in connection with these terms and conditions, the competition or the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms and conditions.