what3words Squares Terms
Thank you for signing up to be a member of the Squares Community! We are extremely grateful for your help and support in helping us to spread the word(s)!
Before you go out and shout about how what3words will change the world, we just need to ensure that you understand what it means to be a ‘Square’. In signing up to the Squares Community, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions below.
This is an agreement between (you or Square) and what3words Limited (Registered in England and Wales under company number 08430008) (us, we or what3words).
You agree and acknowledge that:
1. No authority. You will not hold yourself out as an employee of what3words. You shall have no express or implied right or authority to assume or create any obligations on behalf of us or in our name, or to bind us to any contract, agreement or undertaking with any third party.
2. Voluntary participation. As much as we value your suggestions, support and feedback, you will not be entitled to receive any financial remuneration for any part you play in the what3words Squares community. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to establish a partnership, joint venture, association or employment relationship between you and us.
3. Content ownership. All ideas, photographs, images and other materials, developed, created and/or provided by you in connection with your participation in the Squares Community (collectively Content) are owned by what3words. To the extent that we do not automatically own such Content, You hereby assign and transfer to us all right, title, ownership and interest in any such Content, created now or in the future, without any restrictions as to use.
Whilst we will typically check in with your first before re-posting or sharing any Content you post within the Squares Slack community or otherwise make available publicly (including on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other similar platforms), we are not strictly required to do so.
4. Download links. We may provide you with a unique download link for you to share with your network to encourage others to download what3words. Please be aware that we may monitor the number of downloads which have taken place through the link you have shared.
5. Conduct. When holding yourself out as a Square (whether online or offline), you will at all times conduct yourself in a manner that reflects the standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of what3words. If you choose to join the what3words Slack community, you also agree to comply at all times with the community guidelines made available to you within Slack.
6. Compliance with laws. When sharing any Content within your network (for example, by email), you will at all times comply with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, any laws around the conduct of direct marketing by email or otherwise. what3words will not be liable for any loss, damage or complaint received as a result of your lack of compliance with such laws and regulations.
7. Term. These terms will remain in force for as long as you continue to be a member of the Squares community. Both you and we are free to terminate this Agreement at any time and without reason. Upon termination you will immediately stop holding yourself out as a Square and will remove any banner or other public facing indicator of your association with what3words.